Think you can just put the flower in a container, throw a top on there and twist? Think again.
There are actually many restrictions that a cannabis product must adhere to in the state of Colorado. For starters, all marijuana products must be labeled with all ingredients. Some other restrictions include:
- Child-resistant and/or must be placed into a child-resistant “exit package”
- Must be closable if not intended for single use
- Includes Colorado’s Universal THC Symbol
- Is properly labeled pursuant to the Colorado Retail Marijuana Code
- The packaging may not be designed to appeal to children
- The labeling cannot make any false or misleading statements regarding health or physical benefits to the consumer
- Labeling text cannot be smaller than 1/16 of an inch
- Labeling text must be unobstructed and conspicuous
Keep in mind that this is only a simplified version. Additionally, there are guidelines for shipping containers, contaminant and potency testing and more.